Call Now For Immediate Assistance

Modification & Enforcement Lawyer in Tampa, FL


Your life does not stop just because a court finalizes your divorce or other family law case.

Upon the conclusion of a family law case, the court issues a Final Judgment or an Order. When the other party to your case disregards the Final Judgment or Order, you may need to go back to court to have the judge enforce the Final Judgment or hold the other party in contempt of court.

You have a right to make the legal system work for you and to ensure the other party in your case follows the court order.

There may also come a time in which the Final Judgment or Order isn’t working anymore, often because the other party refuses to comply with the Order or simply because of life changes. The Final Judgment may be modified when a substantial change in circumstances is shown.

This is an extremely high burden to overcome and you need an experienced attorney on your side to advocate your interests to the court.

Tampa Family & Divorce Lawyer Mindi Lasley is experienced in handling enforcement and modification proceedings. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation.

As with any order that a court issue’s, a family law order (also known as a Final Judgment) is a legally binding document. As such, the court has a variety of tools at its disposal which it can use to enforce its orders.

Payments of alimonychild support and attorney’s fees are subject to a Motion for Contempt, which requires the judge to find that the party whom the motion is against has willfully failed to comply with a Court order despite the fact that he/she has the ability to comply with the order.

All other court orders that are not complied with are subject to a Motion and/or Petition for Enforcement. The Court has a variety of penalties at its disposal for both Contempt and Enforcement proceedings, including:

  • the award of sanctions (both monetary and non-monetary)
  • the award of attorney’s fees
  • incarceration against the party that has failed to comply with the Order of the Court

Types Of Modifications:

Modification of Alimony

Modification of Child Support

Modification of Custody

Relocation of Minor Children

Our firm has extensive experience in arguing both for and against motions for contempt and enforcement, and representing clients in modification actions and enforcement and representing clients in modification actions. Contact Tampa Family & Divorce Lawyer Mindi Lasley to schedule a consultation.